Aside from aesthetics, art is a powerful form of emotional communication – stimulating conscious and subconscious reactions.
A “Visual Diet” involving art can be as vital for your health and wellbeing as what goes into your mouth! Art has many qualities that affect both personal and social well-being outcomes, such as its ability to:
- stimulate the brain
- achieve a sense of belonging
- fuel the imagination
- stimulate a sense of self-understanding
- bring happiness
- improve mental health
- create discussion
- preserve fact-based historical events
- influence society by changing opinions
- share cultural dialogue
- contribute towards the development of an empathetic outlook
- provide current news
Art is not just about what you can see … its subliminal impact is far reaching!