Logistics Warehouse Operative
Location: Wokingham. RG41 2RF
This vacancy is now filled.
Due to increasing e-commerce activity our Wokingham warehouse is recruiting. The successful applicant will be employed in a very busy and varied – working environment as part of a key team. Email your CV in the first instance to email@example.com
- To support the logistics department operationally as required. This includes unloading and checking in bound stock deliveries and reporting discrepancies to the account manager and client, locating stock and recording locations within the correct client area.
- To learn the Logistics process and program and client base and to be responsible for the daily pick and pack for specific allocated accounts whilst also being able to offer emergency cover on other accounts due to sickness / holiday of other staff.
- To be responsible for the correct daily picking, packing and dispatch of all material or orders via mail, freight and courier. This includes following specific account requirements / instructions regarding labelling, packaging and barcode scanning.
- To follow correct operational and Health and Safety procedures and to report operational or Health and Safety issues to your manager.
- Â To liaise with the Sales Team with regard to special distributions and removal of overs and stock when necessary.
- Good keyboard skills.
- Technical knowledge and experience of Microsoft word, excel and outlook.
- Counterbalance forklift licence.
- Numerate and literate.
- Teamworking skills as well as the ability to work independently.
Additionally, an extended forklift licence is preferred although not essential as training can be arranged at a later date.
Position is subject to 3 month trial period and receipt of satisfactory references.
Hours are Monday – Friday, 9 hour shifts with one hour for lunch, shifts are 06.30 – 15.30, 07.30 – 16.30, 08.30 – 17.30. Occasional overtime is available.
20 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays.